Thursday, December 31, 2015

Zwift at end of 2015

So I started using Zwift at the end of summer 2015. Zwift is an online gamification of cycling training, and it makes the unbearable (riding your bike alone in your basement) extremely bearable, and actually fun. (Here's one of the many YouTube videos about Zwift). I'm in Ontario, Canada, and so with fall and now winter weather, Zwift will probably be the only exercise I really get until summer comes again.

Here is a snapshot of my ride data as of Dec. 31, 2015, after a few months of sporadic riding. So... close to 1000km ridden in my basement, and in reality, 1000 kms of exercise that I probably wouldn't have gotten outside because I quite frankly wouldn't have ridden (be it a rainy day, or due to time constraints, etc).



Some folks on Zwift really spend some $$ to upgrade their Zwift experience (new and much more expensive trainers etc). I'd like to claim that I'm not that crazy... but.... hey... I just bought a new TV for Zwifting... and a new laptop is on the way (got tired of disconnecting my office laptop and carrying it down into the basement).

Here's what my setup looks like now... using my 2006 steel Jamis 'cross bike.



Today my 2004 Cyclops Fluid 2 trainer started making some weird noises - maybe I'll be buying a new trainer soon as well!

No comments: