Monday, February 08, 2016

Broadview Street - autumn or summer?

I'm going to try very hard to submit something to the 2016 CBC Non Fiction Literary Awards this year. I just glanced at the 2015 winners though, and am both intimidated and annoyed by the fact that a well-established writer like Richard Wagamese is entering these contests. Come on Dude! Let the little guys have a shot!

I'm going to write something about cycling in Toronto, and stumbled across this little quirk on Google Street view as I was thinking about what to write. I zoomed in to Broadview Street in Toronto and decided to surf south a bit, and discovered that Google patched together some summer shots and some winter shots for Broadview Street:

565 Broadview



560 Broadview



Both of those screenshots are from Feb 8. And if you surf a wee bit further south on Broadview it's back to summer again! It's like a twilight zone of bleak autumn there at 560 Broadview!!!

No comments: