Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The World of Indecision

I really can't decide what to do this winter. My options are a) remain in Toronto and suck it up and do the two hour commute, by bike/public transit or public transit only, OR b) find a cheap place in Oshawa to crash in Monday to Friday and go back to the Toronto apartment with Anna on weekends.
They both have benefits. Staying solely in Toronto would save me some money, with which I could buy one of these bad boys in the spring (Specialized, Schwinn and Bianchi cross bikes, all of which take fenders):



But - staying solely in Toronto means a long winter of having basically no life. Even at the best of times right now, I get home at 6:30 and go to bed around 9:00, meaning that my daily gap of free time is 2 1/2 hours.

And finding a cheap place in Oshawa would cost me some dough, but I'd have free time, could do some writing, do some yoga and try to repair my body, and mornings wouldn't be such a terrible rush anymore.
Decisions Decisions!

In other news, please visit Joe's Biking Toronto blog and read about Toronto Councillor Case Ootes trying to take away bike lanes in the city. Even if you're from the states, or the Netherlands, or Korea, please write this guy and give him an earful!

2 comments:

ggddub said...

The Bianchi's the classiest. I looked at the pics though and only the schwinn had fork eyelets, which would mean you'd be limited to sks road fenders as your only option. The wheel clearance looks largest for the specialized. I run a Jake the Snake and have found the largest knobbie I can run with fenders is a 700 x 30c and I can forget about studs, not that I like studded tires (too slow).

Tuco said...

If you go to the Bianchi site you can see a better picture and see the eyelets. The Axis (this bike) is Bianchi's "this will do everything" bike, and I've had my eye on it for a while.