Ahh peak oil - fewer cars and more bicycles. I realize there will also be potentially catastrophic consequences of peak oil hitting as hard as it could, but being a cyclist I tend to just concentrate on the ribbons of empty highways and how much fun it'll be cycling along them.
On a somewhat similar topic, I took the Eco Footprint quiz today. You can see my results here below. I guess that's what being a near vegan and a cyclist/pedestrian will do for you.

I'm getting used to life in Orillia, and since I only have a 20 minute walk to work I'm actually not biking much here, just walking everywhere. I hope to do a bigger update on life up here in Simcoe County, but it'll have to wait until I get my hands on my girlfriends' digital camera again.
Hope everyone is doing well!
4 comments:
Wouldn't it be ironic if Cuba became a studied example of how to exist w/o oil just because of a stupid policy decades past its relevancy?
I took the quiz, and it turned out that if everyone lived like me we'd need 2.2 planets. I guess that's better than the average American, but between driving and not buying much local foods I can do better.
Nice job on needing only 1 planet!
Darn, I'm at 2.7 planets. Guess I've got some work to do unless we burn coal to explore for the additional planets we need...
Wow! I am at 2.2 planets, although I am a vegan. Need to work on eating more local and get someone to live with me :)
Post a Comment