Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Duke's Cycle



Picture and story from the Torontoist.

There has long been a bicycle shop in Toronto called Duke's Cycles. I don't know if I ever bought anything from them, but whenever I was walking along Queen West I'd stop in and drool over their cross bikes.

A massive fire struck Queen Street West in Toronto this morning, and might still be blazing while I type. It would appear that Duke's, along with many other shops, is now gone.

Be well, Duke's - may the road rise up to meet you.


2 comments:

Scarr said...

I'm hoping they rebuild, it was a really decent shop, and I liked the people that I dealt with there.

Anonymous said...

I am sicken by the lose. My husband and i would always go to Duke's and planned on going in a couple of weeks because it's a normal thing that we do while in Toronto and in the spring.
Please rise again Duke Cycle.

Shelly and Rich