Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Saint Peter don't you call me, cause I can't go


I forget how I came across Instructables but it's a pretty neat site. Basically it is loads of "do it yourself" projects for geeks who are good with their hands. If you do a search on bikes or bicycles you could even find this project, which allows you to put fancy light displays on your wheels.

Before I forget - have you signed this amazing petition yet? It is almost time to wrap it up. I'm going to wait until after the bike show is over and then send all the pages to Olivia Chow to present to Parliament.

I am soooo tempted to sign on with the "August September 2007 Cycle Across Russia, Mongolia and China" team (see previous post). It's not even all that expensive - their estimates are for around $2000.00, but hey, even if we double that and say $4000.00 that's not all that terrible for two months of your life.
One problem is that, due to Visas and getting people to do various pre-trip tasks, they would like firm commitments by early March.

I don't know if I can decide by early March, but mannnn, I'm tempted. I feel like I've been working for the man a lot recently, and escaping to do nearly 8000km of campfire biking strikes me as a great way to throw off the shackles.
August and September on the road, seeking the portals of the soft source [and] a completely physical realization of the origins of life-bliss. I'd probably get back in October and be unemployed until January.

Sometimes life is a nasty battle between carpe diem and "growing up."
Me no like. Me want both.



You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Go to China. If I go it's in June. :)