Monday, June 25, 2007

"forward leaning" intelligence


I've stated before how boggled I am by the fact that George Bush hasn't been impeached. It seems to me to be a no-brainer, and watching a CBC Fifth Estate special recently got me thinking about this again.

The special is on Google Video and is titled the Lies that led to War. Basically Bob McKeown takes - point by point - every reason that the Bush administration gave for going to war in Iraq, and assesses how much truth actually lay behind each of the reasons.


And, if you care, here are some of back stories on George and his administration.



This image came from this video on You Tube.
I also really like Will Ferrell as Bush speaking about climate change.

And finally, just for interest's sake - a Newsweek poll about a week ago shows bush's approval rating at 26% - the lowest of any president since Nixon, who resigned so that he couldn't be impeached.

And even though places like Vermont want to impeach Bush, I took a look at the U.S. Constitution, and from what I can see it is the Senate which has the power to impeach the President, but there can be no conviction without the agreement of 2/3's of the senators. Since the senate currently has 49 republicans, 49 democrats, and two independents, I guess the democrats don't feel like they have the numbers to actually get a conviction.

4 comments:

Joey said...

You are not even an American...

Would you appreciate it if I started insulting your countries leaders?

I was excited to read about your skating/and or cycling adventures!
But it saddens me to say, after the VERY first thing I see on your page.

I'm leaving.

Tuco said...

Hmmm - and I don't even think anything I wrote today actually qualifies as "insulting" Mr. Bush.

Jamie said...

Joey is being immature. I'm an American, and the very idea that people aren't allowed to comment on the actions of other world leaders because is... well... un-American.

There are a great many Americans who feel the same way you do, myself included. The man is a criminal.

Anonymous said...

It isn't the Senate that impeaches; it is the House. The Senate tries the impeachment. And yes, it takes 2/3 majority to convict.