Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas

and Happy New Year. I'm about to leave for a land without internet, so this is going to be a fairly boring blog for about two weeks. In fact, work in January is going to be nuts, so I'll hardly be posting then either.

If you're looking for somewhere else to "click" - Canadian readers might like to sign a petiton which asks the Canadian Federal Government to promote cycling as a preferred means of transportation. If you're not so much into the online thing, you could wait until a paper version is ready for signing at the Toronto, Winnipeg and Edmonton Mountain Equipment Co-op stores through January and February. If you're in Toronto and shop at Grassroots, you can sign there in January and February as well.

There are lots of reasons why people like me and Joe and Griffin and Minus Car and SnakeBike and CleverChimp and Treadly and all the others (there are TONS - just go through the links on one of our blogs) are trying to live with as few car trips as possible.

For me, I ride because I think peak oil is inevitable, I think sprawlurbia, which is caused by cars, is hideous, I think we're well on our way to another Easter Island style catastrophe and that someone somewhere has to make a stand. Filling up with gas strikes me as putting money into the pockets of corrupt morons like this, and heck, I just really like biking.

Actually, this post pretty much says all I have to say about this issue. But a picture, or a video, is worth a thousand words.
I do everything I can to minimize my car trips, because cars cause global warming, and global warming is killing these guys. You can either say "yes" to this, or "no" to this. I vote "no".

5 comments:

mytzpyk said...

Merry Christmas Tuco!

Melissa said...

Happy Holidays to you too!

griffin said...

So cool to be mentioned in such fine company, and so cool that you also mentioned Clever Chip: I spent part of Solstice with Tod, an amazing cycling advocate as well as a nice guy. He is doing great work towards making utility cycling mainstream

Happy holidays!

Darren J said...

Merry Christmas, Chris! I think 2007 is going to be a good year for cyclists. See you out on the road.

Snakebite said...

Happy Holi-daze, Tuco. Thanks for the props. I'll be watching for your return from the wherever.