Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Google Image Search Confusion

This is driving me crazy, and I'm just wondering if any tech-saavy readers out there can tell me what is going on.
A little while back on my veggie blog, in this post to be exact, I used a picture from the Indianapolis Zoo website. I immediately started getting weird hits on my Statcounter, and they annoyed me so much that I eventually removed the picture and the link which I had put up to the Indy Zoo showing where I got the picture from.
BUT - I'm still getting these weird hits (see below).

It looks like people all over the world are going to the google image search, typing in a specific URL for the photograph I'd used, and seeing what websites had used it.

What I don't understand are these things a) Why would I be getting these kind of hits from all over the world? In the last 24 hours people in South Africa, the U.K., Australia, Canada and the U.S. have done this search.

b) Why is my blog still showing up on their results when I've removed the picture and the link?




Although the Vinokourov doping thing is tragic, at least he's still got a sense of humour:


He told L'Equipe:

"I heard that I made a transfusion with my father's blood. That's absurd, I can tell you that with his blood, I would have tested positive for vodka.

2 comments:

Anthony said...

Although you removed it, google doesn't know that yet. Its bot only repeats searches infrequently, mostly it's after new stuff.

Melissa said...

conspiracy for sure