Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Puppies at the Tour

I cannot wait to see No End in Sight. I think they skip over the reasons for going to war, and focus instead on the (mis)management of the war. Looks great.


Somebody let their dog wander across the road at the Tour de France yesterday. The video is on Versus if you want to take a look.


After a couple other riders managed to swerve around him, Marcus Burghardt ended up hitting the poor guy.

Luckily the dog (as far as we can see in the video) was totally unhurt, but Burghardt's carbon wheel totally crumpled with the collision. My guess is that Burghardt hit him at about 25 to 30 km/hour - and the dog won.



Despite Vinokourov basically being finished, I'm loving the Tour. It's totally wide open - any one of about 5 guys could win it, and I think it'd be a hoot for there to be five guys within 20 or 30 seconds of each other for that last ride into Paris to the Champs-Elysees - watch them go ballistic through the streets of Paris to try and win on the last day.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

After watching that preview I can't wait to see this film.