Friday, July 13, 2007

Vinokourov

I can't believe what happened to the Astana team at the Tour yesterday. They have two of the favourites to win the whole thing - Vinokourov and Kloeden - and they BOTH took spills yesterday and banged themselves up badly.

Kloeden - who isn't necessarily a "star" rider, but who is totally solid and who I like - fractured his tailbone and I seriously doubt he'll finish the tour. And Vino has stitches on his knees and will have scabs all over his butt after his chain snapped on him sending him off the bike.

Christ. Vino must be p.i.s.s.e.d.. He's like 33 now (which is the upper limit for cyclists who think they can win the Tour). Last year he couldn't race the Tour because the rest of his team got kicked out for doping, and this year - with Ullrich retiring and Basso out for drugs - he must have totally thought this was finally his big chance. I hope he pulls it together and gets angry on a mountain somewhere. That would rock.

Today is Friday the 13th. I don't really care, but just as I was pedalling away from the apartment this morning a black cat crossed the street in front of me. Didn't strike me as a very good way to start the day.

I loved Undercover Brother. I don't know what brought it to mind again recently, but here you go. Have a great weekend.



Don't forget the White Guy Brainwash scene.

And the Catfight scene.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Its friday the 13th and I didn't even mention that in my post. gosh.

I'm sorry bout your favorites.

Alberto said...

I'm sure Vino will give it a good fight but he's really gonna have to go all out on this one. If Valverde is in good shape he's gonna make it really tough for him (and remember Valverde was out of the Tour last year with a broken collar bone, so I'm sure he'll want it pretty bad as well.) Hope Vino recovers well.

Smudgemo said...

I like watching Vino and I was bummed about the crash. I hope he attacks every single day and puts the hurt on the field.